Bananas tend to spoil quickly, so I often stick them into the freezer. Here are two recipes that use frozen bananas: Homemade Banana Ice Cream and Tropical Harvest Smoothie. Enjoy!
Homemade Banana “Ice cream”
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (or BP2 – a dried peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- a touch of almond milk
Mix them up and freeze them. Enjoy!
Courtesy of Darren Brown, RunKNOX
Tropical Harvest Smoothie
- 1/2 medium banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup tropical frozen fruit (a tropical blend that contains a good mix of frozen pineapple, mango and strawberries)
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. shredded coconut (healthier to use unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- *Add crushed ice if you prefer it “frostier”
- *Add extra juice or milk if it’s too thick
Serves 1. It makes a great breakfast or filling snack!
Courtesy of Amy Lambert (coffeescarvesandrunningshoes.com)
One thought on “Banana Recipes”